*Thanks for coming by!*

*Thanks for coming by! *


 My name is Rita, I am a senior and consider myself a "lifelong learner".

I started creating colouring books and journals and enjoyed the process so much it gave me the courage to publish a book that I had started writing over 35 years ago. I am happy to announce that my paperback book - "I Am" Daily Affirmations, and also, the eBook form - "Speak with Kindness Words Matter!" are both available on Amazon.com.

My passion now is to encourage others, no matter their age to do what you love doing and keep-on-keeping on. Enjoy the journey!

Most of my life I thought it would be such an achievement to write a book.  To tell you the truth, I really was an average student when it comes to the English language. I really never had the courage or the belief that I could accomplish such a task.  But, more importantly, I felt that I had nothing worthwhile to say.

This is what I discovered during my journey!

I do have something to say and it is worthwhile; and that everyone else has something to say and it is our privilege to listen.

I had a keen interest in words and was fascinated with words, but they also caused me a great deal of confusion.  One little piece of knowledge that helped me to have a greater understanding was learning the basic origin of a word.  Understanding the origin of a word helps to explain and appreciate the elements and properties of words, as well as understand why the word is spelled the way it is.

Two years ago, I discovered from the internet that you could actually become a self-publisher.  I studied the aspects of CreateSpace and Kindle Direct Publishing (KDP), two companies owned by Amazon.

These two companies were set up to publish books and anyone could register to self-publish. I first started with CreateSpace, which published paperback books and Kindle Direct Publishing worked with eBooks. However, in less than a year of registering with CreateSpace, KDP took over the publishing of paperback books as well as eBooks.

Anyone can register for free to self-publish all different types of books. Yes, I did say “FREE”! That sure fits my budget!  When I grasped the importance of this information, I was all in!  This was exciting to me and the first thing I did was read everything I could possibly read to accomplish the undertaking I was about to embark upon.

The information was overwhelming at first, I didn’t realize the complexity it took to bring a book to publication.   My first decision was to create a few colouring books and journals because they are easier books to create and of course, I need to practice!

My most enjoyable part of the book creation process was the book covers.  To me, the book cover was so much fun to create and my creative side seem to just take over.  Don’t get me wrong though, there was a tedious learning curve and a maze of information to cover and at times it was overwhelming.  I just told myself one step at a time, one step at a time! Keep-on-keeping-on!

As I mention previously that the name of my paperback is: “I Am”- Daily Affirmations and the eBook form of this book is called: “Speak with Kindness, Words Matter”.  It is no great literary peace, it is quite whimsical, however original, and the "I Am" affirmations you will find are encouraging.  As I mentioned, to me it was the creative part that was most enjoyable.  The whole process of creating something of my very own and writing words of inspiration became therapeutic to me and to begin the journey in learning again to believe in oneself. As you are probably well aware of just how the difficulties of life certainly have away of pulling us down but we need not let that happen!

My sincere desire is to practice words of love and kindness to others, as well as myself.  And remember! Everyone has a book inside them, everyone has something worthwhile to say!

Please visit my Amazon author page and my blog:

https://www.amazon.com/author/ritasbookshelf

https://www.ritasbookbasket.blogspot.com

Email: ritasbookbasket@gmail.com

Thank you for your consideration!




No comments:

Post a Comment